Thompson Taraz has co-created and managed venture capital funds for ambitious clients who wanted to focus on what they do best. With the benefit of our clients’ deep asset-class expertise, our Investment Committee has made more than £144m of SEIS and EIS investments into more than 170 investee companies spanning sectors from clean energy to life sciences and luxury goods to consumer technology.
Our Full Scope AIFM platform allows us to act as host AIFM to manage geared and ungeared funds structured in a variety of ways.
There are several benefits of working with a host AIFM:
- The process of gaining FCA regulatory approval is time consuming, appointing a third-party AIFM allows the fund sponsor to get to market in a significantly reduced timeframe.
- The regulatory approval process is costly and fund sponsors may wish to defer these costs until they have a clear view of the fund’s performance and sustainability.
- Working with an AIFM solution which can provide invaluable knowledge and experience in navigating the regulatory infrastructure allows the fund sponsor to focus on the core investment activities.
- Appointing a host AIFM provides the fund sponsor with the flexibility to decide whether they wish to outsource the regulated activities on an on-going basis or simply as an interim solution whilst they obtain their own FCA regulatory approval.
- Should the fund sponsor decide to obtain their own FCA regulatory approval, the expertise of the third-party AIFM can provide the sponsor with invaluable insight and assistance in navigating the complex approval process.